MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Monday, May 9, 2011

"What I Learned on my April Vacation"

There's a few things I learned on my recent trip to Europe - other than to make sure you wear pants that actually fit you and don't forget to wear a belt. So, without a further ado, and in no particular order, here we go! 

On Piers Morgan vs. Ryan Seacrest:
Piers Morgan is to the UK what Ryan Seacrest is to the US. Seriously. He has about 10 talk shows AND hosts the American version of Britain's Got Talent. Enough said. Note: I'm also glad that my SAT analogy knowledge can still be put to good use.

On Television:
There's only 3 shows I can remember seeing: iCarly, Mythbusters, and "SuperCrew" - the British version of "So You Think You Can Dance?" meets "America's Best Dance Crew" - only with 14 year olds and really bad dance moves.

The British really love their Mythbusters - I'm just sayin'.

On Directions: 
When someone says "you can't miss it", it's about 99.6% guaranteed that you will miss it. Horribly.

On drinks: 
There's no ice anywhere in England or Ireland. 

On food (this is a long one): 
If you see bacon on a menu, you are basically ordering ham. If you want crispy American-style (does that sound weird?) bacon, you have to specify. 

Mayo is a condiment on every sandwich. 

The bread and cheese are amazing. I can't think of any other word to describe it. 

A "BAP" is another word for roll. A "ROCKET"  another word for baguette. 

If you want potato chips, you order "crisps". If you want french fries, you order "chips". 

On nationalities: 
I apparently look and sound like a Canadian, eh? 

On fashion: 
Never wear high heels to a castle. Ever.

Oh, and last but certainly not least (as per Guiness):


xoxo mevans








No comments:

Post a Comment