MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Some Advice

I really cannot believe how quickly 2012 is upon us! Fall seems to have apparently missed the Northeast and brought winter upon us immediately. That's OK though, winter means fun things like gingerbread lattes from Starbucks, really awesome shopping deals, and of course, new trips and travel deals for 2012! Does it sound like I'm wishing 2011 away to much?

Anyways, I wanted to take today's post and give a shout out to all those traveling out there this week. Kinda random, I know, but I'm a little off this week - 2.5 day work week and all. Sorry, rambling again. 

I can only imagine what the airports are like the day before a major holiday. I've only traveled out of the country once during the Thanksgiving break. The only advice I can give, and I'm sure there are many other travel sites out there that recommend this - if you are going to travel, travel on Thanksgiving day itself. 

My JFK airport experience was most pleasant. There was like 3 people total working, and we made it through security in about 5 minutes. Yes, 5 minutes - and we were flying internationally. Enough said my friends, enough said. So if there's anyone out there that's reading this - save some time and bucks and look into traveling on Thursday instead of Wednesday! 


I heard on the news yesterday that the Tuesday before Thanksgiving is becoming the new Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so travel smart my dears! Oh, and my ultimate advice, avoid Disney this time of year at all costs. I'm not even brave enough to go during this time of year! 

Oh, and shout out to Travelocity - they give frequent updates on flights and delays at all major airports. I'm a fan y'all!

Happy travels to all! 

xoxo mevans

No comments:

Post a Comment