MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's Photo Book Go-Time

I try to soak in every memory of my trip - the sights, the people, the food, the culture. I like to take a mental snapshot of absolutely everything, if possible. Of course, pictures help. As you know, I go through a "trip withdrawal" when I get back. Mostly from enjoying a few days of doing absolutely nothing but FUN stuff. When I get back and take a look at my pic(k)s, I get really sentimental about all that. Some might say obsessively so - until Shutterfly entered my life (although Bud tells me I'm equally obsessed with it - I think I talked about how awesome it was for about a week).  


Shutterfly.com (shameless plug), is one of those photo sharing websites that lets you upload and share your pictures, as well as make invitations, photo books, calendars, etc. I'm mostly obsessed with the photo book area of this website (they have really great discounts too). Nothing captures your vacay memories quite like a photo book, and helps you relive them at the same time. What I love about it is that you can make captions and edit your pictures. The prices are pretty exceptional, and it's way cooler than just buying a photo album and printing your pictures. Every trip is different, and you can create and customize the books based on what type of trip you went on. 








For example, for our recent trip, I used more of a "scrapbook" theme. This past one was my best creation yet: 

And yes, these are pictures I actually took. 



Warning though, it can be quite time consuming and addicting. I think I spent about 3 hours on this one........because, well, I have no life. JK, JK. 

Defs check it out though, it's really a great site! 

Oh, and you guys got an "Expedition Evans Experience" post, a "What's the Deal-io" post, and a "Pic(k) of the Week" post all in one blog entry. Now that's what I call efficiency!

Have a great weekend everyone! 

xoxo mevans 



No comments:

Post a Comment