MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My "DASH" With Fame

I think you all know how I feel about flights that are 5+ hours. I detest them - with a passion. Waaa-mbulance alert: Waaaaah I wish places weren't so far. I always scrub out for them too. Glasses, and clothing that I would usually wear to the gym are my usual fashion of choice. I usually throw my hair up in a messy ponytail about 5 minutes before I leave - as if to say "yup, I look like hobo, and I'm not ashamed of it." Life lesson here everyone, life lesson - never leave the house looking like a hobo.

In true Expedition Evans awkwardness this time around though, I was in for a bit of a surprise. It turns out that upon boarding my Virgin America flight, who do I find sitting in first class? About two feet away from where I was standing?

The ever classy, Rob Kardashian (of Keeping up with the Kardashians fame, or Kim's younger brother). As I fumbled through my bag looking for my phone (because for some reason I thought I could take a pic of him sitting on a plane and that wouldn't be weird), I quickly realized I was becoming "THAT" girl - you know, back in the day, the girl that would stop at nothing to get an autograph of one of the *NSYNC members? Not Chris though, because he was gross.

I dialed it back a bit and calmly proceeded to my seat (Bud had sat down before I did). I immediately texted every person I knew to tell them about my morning's events. Most excited was my sister. We chatted immediately on how we should proceed with this situation. Bud told me to "stop being weird" and that we would see him at baggage claim and to ask for a pic there. To which I said to him in disbelief, "What Kardashian gets their own bags?!? From baggage claim no less."

Well friends, apparently Rob does: 


I was a bit too star struck, so I have to give it to Bud, because he actually went up to Rob and asked for the picture (isn't he great?). After he agreed, I awkwardly stuck my hand out and shook his hand and said, "Hi, I'm a big fan" and he replied, "Hi, thanks I'm Rob", with a sheepish grin. As Bud struggled with the setting on my camera phone (which seemed like an eternity by the way), I couldn't help but think how I looked like I had given up on life with the clothes I was wearing.

Rob, if you are out there reading this, thanks for being a good sport and humoring me a bit. You'll always have LAX Baggage Claim Area B to remember me by. 

xoxo mevans

No comments:

Post a Comment