MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Monday, November 15, 2010

I like lists....

I like making lists. I like it when life fits into boxes and when I categorize things. Easier said than done though, right? I have lists for work, grocery lists, lists of things to do, etc. I also LOVE to cross things off these lists. I was talking to my friend, Navigating Nancy, about this the other day. She mentioned that one of the things on her "lists" is to try to travel SOMEWHERE out of state, for at least one day, once a month. 

This brings me to my travel "bucket list".

I don't think I need to explain what a bucket list is. I think Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson did a stellar job of that a few years ago.....

My travel "bucket list" is more of a list of things I want to do/places I want to go, before let's just say I can't do it for whatever reason (think of a mash-up of "The Buried Life" and "World of Jenks"). You know - when life pelts you with lemons and you are forced to make lemonade to survive (*shudder* I can't believe I just used that phrase).

I've given some thought about my list - and continually keep adding. Maybe I should change it to travel "wish list" but, I don't think that packs as much of a punch. I'm a dreamer and a planner - so this is one of my favorite lists! Hey, on my list of "things to do" was to start a blog, and I did that!

I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to visit every Disney theme park in the world???

Here's a short list of mine, in order of some kind of importance (I plan on creating a page in a little bit): 

1) Visit every Disney theme park in the world - I only have 3 more to go! 
2) Visit every state in the US - I'm about half way there.
3) Visit every continent in the world.
4) Visit every "Wonder of the World" - natural and man made wonder - I can cross two off the list!
5) Visit the Sydney Opera House.


What's on your list???

1 comment:

  1. I too have a list. My list has to do with places i want to scuba dive.
    1) Maldives islands. I would have made the great barrier reef number 1, but im going there in a month.
    2) Galápagos Islands.
    3) Beliez.
    4) cozumel. I've dived in coz already but not extensivly.
    5) papua new guinea
    6) new zealand.

    My ultimate diving goal is to see a school of hammerhead sharks.
    Too many actual places to list but those are the main ones.
    Id also like to get to europe in a non diving capasity.

    ReplyDelete