MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Taking Off

Wow! My first blog post. This is exciting (for me at least, I'm not sure about the rest of the blogosphere). So, a little bit about how this blog came to fruition.

I was blessed in the fact that my family (parents and little sister) traveled at least a couple times per year. We toured the country visiting family and friends mostly within the US. Of course, there was always the yearly homage to Disney World - I'll get into my mild obsession with Disney Parks in another post....

Back in 2004 I met my dear husband (we will refer to him as DH) and in 2006 we sealed the deal on seeing the world together. I'll give him a quick "shout out" here since he always has to deal with me trying to figure out SOME way to get out of New York for a little bit. Hey, it does get cold up here! 

 
If I could eat, sleep, and live traveling, I would. I love the early morning wake-ups for the airport, the feel of the first night of sleep or lack thereof in the hotel, and disappearing from your every day life for what seems like a year, even if it's only for a few days. I like not wearing a watch, and being so immersed in your travel that you forget what day it is.  

Unfortunately there a few things like a mortgage, a full time job, and personal commitments that keep me in NY for most of the year. Travel Channel, if you are out there, my resume is totally ready and waiting!

For those of you who don't know me, I also am, well, clumsy and, well, if you couldn't tell by the title of this blog - awkward. A lot the situations I get myself into are entertaining to say the least, and I always handle them with the utmost awkwardness....I like to think of it more as an endearing quality than an embarrassing one, or at least I hope it is.

I hope all you out there find this blog _____________(fill in the blank - entertaining, helpful, insightful, any adjective really). I look forward to sharing my life's travels with you all.

Thanks for starting this journey with me!  Good stuff to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment