MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Half Moon Over London

I think London is now my second favorite city - San Francisco and Rio de Janiero being my #1 loves. For those of you not familiar with Foggy London-town (which was not foggy at ALL by the way), the sights London has to offer are amazing. Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, and Big Ben - every place you've read about since you were a kid - is just as cool as it seems in person.
 
There's a few things you need to know before you continue reading. I have issues with pants. A couple of years ago I went to Florida and lost my bathing suit bottom in a freak tubing accident (I know, how does that even happen). I went to the gym the other day and realized that my Hollister sweats (circa 2003) don't fit me as well as I would have liked them to.

I was not able to splurge on some London couture, so my jeggings (you know, looks like a jean, feels like a legging?) and black ballet flats were the best I could come up with. In my haste to get ready that morning, I forgot one essential item: my belt. Yes my friends, I dressed irresponsibly  and went "belt commando". This left me hiking my pants up (to keep them from falling down) about every 5 minutes (it wasn't pretty). Which brings me to the "Trafalgar Square Incident".

The thing about us is, that we like to take funny pictures. We also like to climb on stuff. It's just how we roll. In the hustle and bustle of London's Trafalgar Square (which for some reason included a  lot of Dutch people and Merengue music on the day we visited) we decided to climb up a pretty high monument to take a picture (picture below because you probably have no idea what I'm talking about). Now, I'm not really great at climbing stuff, so I had to be hoisted up (rather awkwardly I might add) about 7 feet in the air by the brothers Miller, and their mom, Clara. It wasn't an easy feat.

Now if that wasn't embarrassing enough, keep in mind the jeggings situation. Let's just put it this way, I felt a breeze that one should never feel, especially in the middle of a busy city square. I can honestly say that I've never laughed so hard in my life, and I just hope it's not on You Tube somewhere....

So there's one thing I learned in London, kids, never leave home without a belt, or at least pants that fit you correctly.......I learned a few other things too, but more on that next week!


 Cut me some slack, I was on a double decker bus tour, 
and there were a lot of Dutch people around.

It's higher than it looks....




The culprit
(it's ok jeggings, I still love you!)




Have a great weekend everyone!


xoxo mevans

 

No comments:

Post a Comment