MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

California Looooveeeee

I always get butterflies in my stomach every time I get to travel. There's always that semi-nauseous feeling I have when I'm ready to go, especially when I need to get to my destination via air. There's something extremely unsettling about airports. The food, the hostility, the disgruntled employees...I don't know what it is, but it makes me kind of cranky.

My whirlwind California Adventure (San Francisco & San Jose in 2.5 days!!!) started last Saturday. Bud had some work to do in the Sunshine State, and I was able to tag along for a few days. I had the best flight experience ever, with Virgin America. Seriously guys, check them out!! It's really not your run of the mill airline, with your run of the mill "wait all I get is peanuts" food options. Also, WiFi on a plane? Sign me up! Not to mention interactive games, TV, and a really cool interior. It made my 6 hour flight seem, well, like only 3 hours. You know how I can get antsy

We landed at around 2:00 pm Pacific Time and were on the freeway by 3. I love the Cali air. It was "short-sleeve" weather with a little bit of a breeze. The sun was shining and one word came to mind: PERFECTION. I could move there. On second thought, with the earthquakes, super-storm warnings and what-not, ehhh...but still - simply gorgeous! We'll put that one on the back burner for right now.

One thing though, holy jet lag Batman! I was exhausted by the time the first day was through. I'm a sensitive one with the time change apparently. Plus we did so much in a short period of time! More to come, but here's some views from our first stop, the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge!!!





Over the Bridge, heading into Sausalito 
(home of the Salsalito Taco Shop - featuring the best Mexican food I EVER had) 



Yeah, I really need a digital camera (sorry Blackberry)





Check back again with some other fun Evans Adventures from TBA (the Bay Area), including Alcatraz Island and the Fisherman's Wharf! 


xoxo mevans

No comments:

Post a Comment