MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Gripe-fest 2011

Well, before I start griping, I just have to give a shout out to "ma fans" LOL, because we reached 600 page views today! Thanks guys!

OK, maybe it's just that I'm in a bit of  a funk this week (yes, it does happen to the best of us), but my recent travels have made me develop a mental list of travel-related things that I wanted to gripe about. So when I formulate my mental list, it's only natural that I need to share it with you guys!

Numero uno on my list-y, and this is probably one of the most awkward things that has every happened to me (other than losing my bathing suit in public) is opening the door when someone else is in the bathroom - in an airplane no less. There's a lock on the door for a reason. There's a red sign that says "occupied" for a reason. I had the "delight" on my recent flight back home from Cali of opening the door to find someone already occupying the stall (even after I politely knocked to check). Yes, it was a scene. Yes, I was mortified.  Let's move on.

Number two, you should ALWAYS say thank you to your flight attendants and captains that got you to your destination safely. Why you may ask? Because it's polite and you should! That's why!

Number three, please do not cough in my face. Do I even need to explain?

Number four, why does EVERYONE insist on getting up immediately after the plane lands. Like you are going to get out ANY quicker by jumping up, grabbing your bag out of the overhead bin and standing in the aisle when there's 100 people in front of you (and this usually results in me getting hit in the head by someone's carry on at least twice).

Last, but certainly not least, number five. Give me some space when I go through security check?!?! Personal space my dears, personal space.The last thing I need is to have a fellow passenger all up in my grill trying to get inches closer to get through security faster. Playa puh-lease....

Man, gripe much???? I hope this post didn't sound as angry it looks......

What are YOUR travel gripes????

Happy Monday.

xoxo mevans     

No comments:

Post a Comment