MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Pic(k) of the Week: Sky's the Limit

I know I've definitely used these pic(k)s in other posts, but they are so awesome (OK maybe awesome is pushing it), I had to use them again. I'm working on my photography skills and also trips for 2011.

The first is the Statue of Christ the Redeemer, which overlooks the whole city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (one of my favorite cities). This is considered one of the "new" wonders of the world.  A fun fact for you reading pleasure, this statue is a Brazilian icon, and can be seen from ANYWHERE in the city of Rio. Kind of cool, but kind of creepy at the same time.

To get to the top viewing area of the statue, you take a cable car up through a forest. The second pic(k) is the vantage point from the main viewing area.




Have a good weekend everyone!

xoxo mevans

No comments:

Post a Comment