MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's the Deal-io Wednesday: Last Minute Luxuries

Very rarely do I advocate the "last minute deals" that so many of the travel websites advertise. This is for two reasons. The first, the only reason that these trips are so cheap is because you literally book at the last minute - I would never be able to get off of work that quickly. The second, there's usually other costs entailed with this "last minute" excursion, unless of course, you plan on staying within a drivable distance. For example, a five star boutique hotel in Miami is advertising 60% off per night on a weekend? Sign me up! Oh, wait, I have to fork over AT LEAST $500 for Bud and I to fly there (remember, last minute deals rarely apply for airfare), not including cost of food and incidentals. 

OK, I've ranted enough for today. Let me get to the point!

 My deal-io this week is a close-to-home trip, but not really at the same time. I think it's a nice compromise of getting out of NY for a bit, but also minimizing costs. Norwegian Cruise Line is offering one of those good ol' "cruise to nowhere" deals the port of NYC. You can get away fairly cheap with one of these bad boys. Food, entertainment, and lodging are all-inclusive. All the while you are drinking in the lovely seaside sights of New York! Not a bad night out on the town without breaking the bank!

I called NCL and the outdoor pools are even heated! How cool is that? 

All the rooms are priced accordingly. Just to give you an idea, on a Friday in February you can get away with an inside stateroom for $99 for the first two people, and then $69 per person thereafter. Upgrade to an ocean view room for about $20 more. Park your car at a garage near the port and you can literally call it day! The boat departs at 4pm (you can board earlier though) and arrives back at the port at 8am the next day (you need to be off by 10am). You can't have it any easier than that my friends!

Happy cruising!

xoxo mevans

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo I just came across your blog! I didn't know you had such a thing. I thought this was only Justine's gig!!! So this particular blog really interests me and YOU KNOW WHY!!! Lets GO! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I love you!!! :) Glad you found me.

    ReplyDelete