MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Pic(k) of the Week: Hot & Fresh Out the Kitchen

There are a few things in life that I can't live without. Just to name a few, my cell phone, my hair straightener, my family and my friends of course, but also, baked goods. They make me happy. There's nothing like freshly made brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I've been told I make a mean brownie and from time to time, an exceptional chocolate chip cookie. 

You might ask where I'm going with this. I'm counting this as a travel related post because I do have to "travel" a bit to work, and plus I took pictures, and it's not like I do this every day. I thought it would be a nice way to kick off the weekend. I know, it's a stretch.


It can get crazy now and then in the office, and sometimes I like to make some treats for me and the girls to share. Especially if we have had a crazy week. We had "Thirsty Thursdays" not too long ago with smoothies and non-alcoholic beverages. "Fiesta Fridays" is also a fun one.  I've been known to work the toaster oven like nobody's business. It can be complicated, and there is a bit of a science to it.

First of all, the toaster oven is a tricky thing - you need the right setting, and the right eye especially for chocolate chip cookies - my treat of choice yesterday. I managed to bake an entire batch of the Nestle Tollhouse Mini Cookies with the toaster oven - at work. I'm Martha Stewart - only without the prison record and bad haircut. I was pretty proud of my accomplishment, and they were super delicious.

Here are some pic(k)s to document this glorious chocolate chip filled afternoon:





Well, they taste better than they look...so maybe I don't get extra points for presentation. OK Martha, I take it back.....and yes - I do keep storage containers and tin foil at work just for these situations. 


xoxo mevans


No comments:

Post a Comment