MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's the deal-io Wednesday: The Lazy (Travel) Song

I would kill for some sun. If you are anywhere in the Northeast this past week, I'm sure you feel my pain. It's something about that Vitamin D... My deal-io for this week includes such.

Now, I'm all about my itineraries. I like doing stuff. I like planning where to stay, where to eat, where to go, etc. Sometimes though, even I have to throw in the towel. Sometimes I'm just not man enough. What? I can't be lazy every now and then? What do you think I am? A machine? :)

This brings me to my end-all-be-all of travel laziness - THE CRUISE. You pay one price, and your accommodations, transportation (sometimes), and the most indulgent part - FOOD are all inclusive. It takes the guess work out of almost everything. I know some people can argue with me on this one, of course, you have to be a "cruise" person (I challenge the nay-sayers to write their own blog). Yes, I just used the word "nay-sayers". I'm officially 100 years old.

So maybe not a deal price wise, due to the timing of April/Spring Break, but if you live in the NY area and want to get away last minute, this deal might be for you. Carnival is offering an 8 day cruise from the port of New York to San Juan, PR, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk for roughly $1,000 per person. Keep in mind, no airfare is needed if you live in the NY metro area, and, food and activities are mostly included - for 8 days mind you. That's a lot of entertainment right there.

I took a Carnival cruise back in 2008 on the Carnival Legend and loved it. Some pic(ks) to follow on that one. Check back Friday!



xoxo mevans

No comments:

Post a Comment