MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

These pretzels are making me thirsty........

Well, not anymore Continental Airlines passengers. I recently heard on the news and confirmed via this CNN post that Continental will no longer be offering snacks on their domestic flights. Forgive my mini-rant, but seriously Continental? Seriously? 

I understand the usual suspects - the economy, the recession, rising fuel costs, blah, blah, blah. I pay $300+ for a flight, and I expect my complimentary soda and snacks. I know, people won't NOT fly Continental because of this. Hey, if they get me where I need to go at the best fare, then I will concede.

In a world where so little is free or ahem, "complimentary", I must say that I do enjoy cozying up to my half can of Diet Coke and a 100 calorie pack of pretzels. Is that so wrong my friends? I didn't think so. My recommendation is to stock up your carry-on with snacks prior to boarding. 

Happy Snacking everyone!

xoxo mevans  

No comments:

Post a Comment