MEVANS, for all your travel needs...

So...I like to travel..a lot! These are my stories.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Reality Checkpoint: The Amazing Race

So one of my favorite shows of late happens to be one about travel. Shocking, I know. Given the show has been on a few years and can get a bit monotonous, it never ceases to "amaze me". If anyone *happens* to be home on a Sunday night, I recommend watching "The Amazing Race" on CBS (Sundays, 8pm - I know, shameless plug). 

To sum it up quickly, twelve teams of two are chosen by producers to travel the world competing in one big international scavenger hunt. They need to complete different tasks and "check in" at certain areas. The last team to arrive at these checkpoints each episode is usually sent home packing (ha!). It's so interesting watching the teams get from one destination to another, and the last minute travel and planning. Some of the tasks are so exhausting, they can really mess with your head. 

Seeing the world like that would totally be my jam though. Sign me up! Four Disney Parks in one day...remember? So without further ado my friends, here are my type 5 reasons "Why I Should" and "Why I Shouldn't" be on the show. 

Why I should: 
5. I really think I should be on a TV show
4. I don't qualify for the Jersey Shore (although I did get a pretty bad spray tan recently)   
3. $1,000,000 is not too shabby 
2. I'd get really cool luggage and can wear sweatpants every day 
1. It would be the experience of a lifetime! Imagine all the blog posts. 

Why I shouldn't: 
5. I don't think a camera should follow me around for more than two hours
4. The camera adds 10 lbs. (Chandler: "So how many cameras are ACTUALLY ON you") 
3. I get "jet lagged" very easily, and I couldn't deal with any type of weird food, or horse back riding for that matter. 
2. I would end up crying at some point (and seriously, who wants to see that?)  
1. A weird bug or animal will probably bite me and a medical emergency might soon ensue

What about you guys? Reality TV anyone? 

You all know that I like to give credit when credit is due. Shout out to Luke for the inspiration for today's post!   

xoxo mevans  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment